Friday, December 31, 2010

Quote #2

" You're gonna hear me out Bernard. If you move one more inch I'll send you to the doctor and Eddy outsdie and they'll close the door behind them. It'll be just you and me. Ten minutes from now everybody-every black, brown, yellow, and red man on the mainline-will know that their favorite prisoner, mr.supreme, got his ass kicked by, one on one, by his own lawyer. Believe me, Bernard, it will be my pleasure." (pg. 60)


This quote is meaningful because it shows that Jesse means what he says and that he tired of all the nthings that Bernard has done and he's serious about his job. What makes this significant is that just becasue he's a lawyer he was once a soldier which then shows that he isnt afraid of anything, not even his own client.


Questions:
1) Why does Jesse tell this to Bernard? What makes him say this to him?
2) Do you think Jesse sees himself as a lawyer first then a soldier, or vise versa? Explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment